Here’s an article I wrote asking ‘Do 12 Step Programs Really Work for Sex Addiction’ on my other website, Sisterhood Of Support . It covers information on 12 Step Programs and sex addiction treatment and recovery. So check it out, I think everyone here will appreciate this information.
12 Step Programs have been around for a long time. Wikipedia describes the 12 steps:
- admitting that one cannot control one’s alcoholism, addiction or compulsion;
- recognizing a higher power that can give strength;
- examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (experienced member);
- making amends for these errors;
- learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior;
- helping others who suffer from the same alcoholism, addictions or compulsions.
Proponents of the 12 Step Programs for sex addicts believe that it is a true addiction, which is opposed to the opinions of the medical and psychological professions.
To check out my article just click the link below and be sure to add your comments there.