It’s your data.
It’s our responsibility to protect it.
Effective: May 25, 2018
The Sisterhood of Support is the data controller of your information. Please see the “Contact Information” section below for additional details.
Important Information About Using Our Services
What Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
- Using any of our Services, including registering for a User Account through the Website(s)
- Making a purchase from us, including products or subscriptions
- Signing up for email updates
- Uploading or posting to public forums included through the Services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support or technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a User Account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- Information you provide in connection with career services, for example, salary information, job placement information, career goals, work experience, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
Information We Collect Through Automated Means
We also use or may use these technologies to help us determine and identify repeat visitors, the type of content and sites to which a user of our Website(s) links, the length of time each user spends at any particular area of our Website(s), and the specific functionalities that users choose to use.
Do Not Track Signals
Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to Web browser signals or other mechanisms for the expression of choice regarding collection of information about an individual over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., Web browser “do not track” signals).
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information in connection with the Services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process Online Orders
- Provide Services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Online Orders
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding The Sisterhood of Support and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services
- Secure the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
Aggregate/Anonymous Data We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, statistical analyses of Website(s) usage, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
The Sisterhood of Support will share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers.We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Business Partners.With your consent, The Sisterhood of Support may share information that can be used to directly contact you with third party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Related Entities and Affiliates.We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of The Sisterhood of Support, Inc.
- Business Transfers.As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of The Sisterhood of Support’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, The Sisterhood of Support will comply with such restrictions.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information.From time to time, The Sisterhood of Support may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, and other demographic information provided to us by our Users. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
You may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “The Sisterhood of Support Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws, such as in the European Union, may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Username and email address associated with your The Sisterhood of Support User Account;
- Approximate date of User Account registration;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your User Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User Account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion.
Retention of Your Information
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
The Sisterhood of Support is intended for adult women and not for children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without legally-valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
The Sisterhood of Support stores information about visitors to our Website and users on servers located in the United States. By using our services, you consent to the storage of your information inside the United States. If you are using the services from outside the United States and the European Union, please know the information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our services, you acknowledge the transfer, storing, and processing of your information in and to the United States.
As described above, The Sisterhood of Support also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, service providers and others in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
How We Protect Your Information
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. The Sisterhood of Support takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your The Sisterhood of Support account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to receive, once a year from The Sisterhood of Support: (a) information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) “personal information” (as defined by California law) for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request at [email protected]; when you request the information, use the phrase “California Shine the Light Request” to help us appropriately identify your question, and include your mailing address, state of residence and email address so we can provide a response.
The Sisterhood of Support Contact Information
Email: [email protected]
Sisterhood Of Support
5707 Trout St.
Melrose, FL 32666